Thursday, October 16, 2008

I put a spell on you because you're mine


Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. She looks wonderful. I want to look that way someday.

From this article:

"Witness the Obama Belt, a piece of partisan primping so fug it makes the humble campaign button look positively chic."

So, apparently, I could work at the NY Times bc I write like that for fun, not for pay. BECAUSE IT'S OK TO WRITE LIKE THAT FOR FUN BUT NOT FOR PAY. Jesus. No wonder we're all so dumbed down. It's one thing to speak in slang, to write in slang, it's very chic and quotidienne and whatever you want to call it. It is not, however, ok to write as such, publish as is, in a traditional (if even online) daily news journal.

I learned a dear lesson from an old teacher, Miller Williams. In so many words he told me, it's ok if your character is retarded. It is not okay if she speaks as such. He was such an old, cranky dick but I completely got the message, loud and clear.

And the English language is so dear to my heart. Olde English (Ye Olde Coffee Shoppe) and Latin being two of my favorite groups of study in my life. And it's a painful language to learn or teach because it's Germanic based and German makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I feel sorry for ESL students; adults trying to further their lives; to accustom because the language itself is so clunky to learn.

Anyway, whatever. Moving on.

Did not watch the debate last night. The world didn't explode. Actually feel pretty good about that.

Working and growing this company was something, apparently, I was born to do, run a business I mean. It's just too bad it couldn't have been women's fashion accessories (I had dreams of branding...) and that it has to be medical supplies. Orwell.

REM in about a week!!!! BOOYA!

No comments: