Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Somebody told me 'bout your plans to leave me

So I think Hubs and I figured out my gray cloud, my Harry Potter cloak, my funk. Everything pisses me off right now. Has for a while. Maybe that's too strong a word, but really, just don't talk to me. Unless I call you, just, just don't. Don't bother because then I'll have to add you to my Holden Caulfield list of phonys. So just, you know, don't.

Having said that, I recognize it's a problem and I can no longer stand myself to live so pessimistically and so frustratedly. So, hence forth, I'm not. As long as you stay out of my way and leave me be. The tide will turn. I'm just not going to put all my chickies in that basket just yet.

And it's turning because we have a new president. And he's great, by the way. Please, don't nobody shoot him.

-------------


Zapp & Roger's version of I heard it through the grapevine keeps me afloat.

But really, over lunch I was trying to explain to my dear, patient, PATIENT, Husband that that's exactly how I feel. Free-floating in a pool of ether. My limbs, my body, my everything is completely weightless except my mind and I can't help but drown. I was drownded. I was buryd. I was ded.

-------------
"It's too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes."

There, that's my attempt at sorrow-try. I was never much into goth although I absolutely love visiting the dark side.

You know I can't focus. I can't stand it. It's pure stress. Purely and truly entirely stress based. The difference this time, and I've tried my best to explain this, is that it all naturally comes and goes. This time is different though because it's not going anywhere. And it's compiling. And it makes me snappy and angry at everything for no good reason. Scratch that. Garlic toasties and that awful Danity Kane song about "do you, boy, have a first aid kit 'cause I'm damaged" (and the first aid will fix it, also your penis. Get it! Smart!) Those things get me happy. And disco music. And Zapp & Roger. But not you, so don't even try.

This is it. I'm in love. Although some of those girls are a little bow wow, no?

No comments: