Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Swing down sweet chariot and let me ride

HUGE GIANT 3 MONTH SUPER SELF-INITIATED PROJECT: COMPLETE!!! WOOOOOOO! Can I go back on vacation now?
-----------------------

Drunk emailing?

FAIL!


----------------------
I checked this out of the library yesterday on a whim and was pleasantly surprised, so much so, I also finished it yesterday.

My girlfriends always had a term for the people I dated up until Hubs. "Su-Lauren Cute." This was not to say that the boy in question wasn't cute but he just wasn't. He wasn't Abercrombie cute. He wasn't Polo cute. He wasn't even Gap cute. And most of the time, they were right. Looking back through pictures I think, A: Wow I looked young. And B: Wow he wasn't cute! (No offense). But anyway so they could never figure it out. Still can't. The term is still oft-referenced when we all get together or in our lengthy email chains. What was the attraction? I can't put my finger on it, but Keith Gessen completely has. The founder of n+1 magazine, he's got the smarts to back all this up too. 3 guys, might as well be 1 guy, aspects from starting college in 1997-1998, and then coming to realize their listless lives in 2003-2004 and then again just before turning 30. It was almost everyone I'd ever dated rolled into one! Ha. Oh that may only be funny to me.

Also only funny to me. Next up on the reading list: Summer and The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton, one of my all time favorite authors. I think I have her almost catalgoued out but then I keep finding more gems!! Makes me very excited. She's really amazing. House of Mirth is one of my all time favorite novels. She also has a decorating guide. And who doesn't love Victorian wallpapers?!

$1,200 a roll? I'll take it!

No comments: