Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You can rely on me, honey


A sweeter side of NY.

So I had to run work errands and the girls were wanting a sweet treaty. Solution? Voila! It's a cupcake bakery. That's it. Cupcakes. Could life be more perfect? We had lemon cupcakes instead of cake at our wedding because it's what one should do. I have a cupcake stand even though I can't bake, note I said bake, not cook. I would serve cupcakes in a frilly pink apron to all the kids in the neighborhood with my hair all flipped out and sugary pink lipstick on were that not a creepy post-modern throwback. I made my moma walk 5 miles on a broken knee to find the Magnolia Bakery one time when we went (sorry mom, it was supposed to be just right there!)

Cupcakes are one of the most perfect foods. The cupcakes at Cupcakes on Kavanaugh are delish. Too sweet. Too heavy. They really leave you in a sugar coma afterwards, but really, isn't that what life is all about?

I had the Reese's peanut butter cake (peanut butter chocolate cake with peanut butter whipped frosting, Jay-sus), and also bought the red velvet with vanilla frosting (Hubs personal fav), chocolate with vanilla frosting and double vanilla. They're more tame at work. In the past I've had the Moon Pie cupcake. They've had Oatmeal Cream Pie, Grasshopper, Key Lime, Ghiradelli, others. Do you need to know more? No, you don't. Go now. Go. Go!

No comments: