Thursday, September 4, 2008

The more I think about it, I know it's true

The girl in the front has to come to work. I filled in for her 3 days last week, 1 or 2 days this week (I can't remember) and I'll be off tomorrow (Yippee!!). Problem is, I'm about 3 weeks behind in work and I really can't help it. And whatever.

-----------------------
This is exactly the kind of thing I would have been crazy about as a high schooler- college cadet. Had cool things like this been around. But they weren't. Ha. Not really.

----------------------
We studied Eve, Mother of All, last night. What a wonderful experience. The elderly women side of things was a bit distracting, and there was one straight A-er who had to speak all the time, know all the answers, but the discussion was great. The blank reading (I'll get to this in a second) of the "2nd" creation story was very informative, and all in all Hubs and I had a really good time. I wish we had more time to discuss Lillith, but I'll save that for me and Piper tonight. Hagar is up next. Bring on the Van Hagar jokes. Then Jezebel and Delilah. Good stuff!

For those who don't know, and I am still learning about this and find it very interesting, us Presbyterians (USA) practice blank reading of the Bible. We're not fundamentalists (hahaha even that idea is fairly hilarious) and we believe that the reason the world is, and always has been, so clouded in it's understanding of Christianity, the world around us, other cultures, is for all the cultural baggage we always bring the the table. And it's about impossible not to. So you meditate (an Eastern word for prayer, wink!) to clear your mind then attempt reading the passage. The more we can be blank, the more clearly messages can come to us.

Which I love, the simplicity of this all, bc it's so deep, man. It's so authentic and real. It's not saying be this, or act that, but be nothing, act nothing, and let the path become clear to you. I just eat this up with a spoon.

It's so positive to me.

No comments: