Thursday, August 7, 2008

Slow down my beating heart


(Michael Stipe, I'm so in love)

Do you remember Star 69? hahaha that was so Jr High for me.

Husband and I decided to scrap last night. He'd been in Memphis for work and was exhausted so we got home, napped and read and finally roused to thunder shaking the house and dinner downtown. It was perfect timing too! We walked right on into Flying Fish, one of our favorite restaurants (make it Snappy!) and got our food and sat right before the line out the door crowd got there. We walked across the new pedestrian bridge, part of the 6 Bridges work, and it's really pretty and cool up there. But my fear of heights really kicked in and I started getting dizzy so we had to come down.

SO point being: one thing I read at dinner that was so cool is that Arkansas DHS is relaxing their previous automatic denials of any couple (this still irks, but baby steps) under 41 from being able to adopt a baby under 1 year old. They haven't changed the law (and on the law, I'm not too certain), but they are reviewing each case on an individual basis. Husband and I know we want one birth child. But I don't want to stop there. And I just can't in good conscious have kids knowing there are so many wonderful children out there that just need a fighting chance. This brings us one step closer to our goal! (dream, dream) I don't know, but we may be closer to parenthood than we ever thought. (slowly, slowly love)

It was a really nice evening. Then home and this awesome movie, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, with Phillip Seymore Hoffman, Marisa Tomei (like hot and topless the whole movie), and Ethan Hawk. It was SO good and I really wasn't expecting it to be.

I had all these crazy dreams, I was crying a lot, and missing a ton of phone calls (go figure?) but it was some of the best sleep I've had in a long time. Really restful. I have tomorrow off work. I plan on taking Wilbur to the vet, getting a couple hours of workout in, and cleaning house/working in the yard/none of the above and going shopping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No babies 'til afte you come to San Diego!!!!!!!

If you violate that, you shall be my designated driver for the entirety of your visit.

Ha!