Wednesday, June 18, 2008

come and keep your comrade warm

Our new bedroom is beautiful. A sanctuary. Dark brown woods everywhere with our golden olive walls, camel velvet drapes with spicy paprika red silk shantung short curtains in between. We slept like the dead last night. Our beautiful Turkish silk rug on the floor and no longer sadly, devastatingly rolled into a corner. Tonight after bike riding we'll work on moving back into it. Placing my jewelry boxes around. Lamp decorating. Hanging paintings. Coming back in. I'm very pleased and excited.

And I get Friday off! Taking a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. Tanning and Christan's pool. Moving even more cannas into the sun (why would you plant SO MANY cannas in the shade? It doesn't make any sense to me. They're EVERYWHERE!) and then we have Wes and Tasha's wedding shower toga party. Yes, we have to bring gifts, dressed in togas! haha. We're really looking forward to it. And then dear Husband leaves for the week to play golf, I mean work, on the beach. He promised me it was actually required by work. Haha.
Anyway, I will miss him.

Alton Brown will keep me warm! He taught me how to make puff pastries last night as well as cook flounder and whole fishes! Used to be I couldn't stand him. Something about the way he spoke really got on my nerves. But now, I love him! I couldn't imagine Food Network without him. And then I poked around and found out he was the director of photography on REM's "Losing my Religion" and the deal was sealed. I'm an Alton Brown fan forever. Good Eats or else!

We are the busiest at work ever. Tide's changing and we are headed out to sea!

No comments: