Monday, January 25, 2010

it's gonna happen soon, but not today

I have a new computer at work and man is it fast! See Twitter-ama for a pic.

We also have a new leaf blower SLASH leaf vacuum!! It's called Leaf Hog and it's amazing. I want to marry it. Have it's little leaf piglets. I am actually looking forward to going home and leaf hogging. Actually we do more like pine needle hogging but you know, You say Apple, I say Tomato. Right?

Dinner tonight is going to be all natural Arkansas grown pork chops, hand picked Arkansas dandelion greens (YUM. Big yum. If you like greens then you need to get your hands on some dandelion greens. Such a different taste. So good. Great with an olive oil vinaigrette and Kalamata olives. Good raw. Good.)

We're also going to brine our natural grub and grass fed chicken to roast for dinner tomorrow night. I finished The Omnivore's Dilemma and thought, you know if I feel so strongly about this, I need to practice what I preach. So this chicken came to us whole, raw, ready, and pretty actually, from a little trifecta (trifold) beast operation (read the book to know what I mean) of cattle, chicken, and pigs here in Arkansas. Near Harrison actually. Near where my family lives! Anyway. It's supposed to taste more like chicken than chicken. If this is true, I will let you know. And if it is not, I will also let you know. I do not want to pay more for food but I expect my food to be good. If I have to pay more I will. If I don't, then I won't!

So we'll see. My brine is going to be Hawaiian sea salt (muskier, earthier), lemon chunks, coriander, fresh rosemary from the garden, garlic, bay, and onion.

I am very excited. Very.

No comments: