Monday, October 6, 2008



Ralph Wiggum!!!

------------------------
The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford was amazing. One of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. The cinematography was so unique. Like looking at daguerreotypes. Like looking through wavy leaden glass. The closest I have seen, and loved, in beauty, is The Thin Red Line. I feel like the Academy got their roles reversed though, in nominating Casey Affleck for Best Supporting Actor. If anything, Brad Pitt as Jesse James was tertian to Affleck as Robert Ford and that other crazy guy, currently in Choke. Affleck should have been up for Best Actor. No doubt.

------------------------

"Life is a luminous pause between two great mysteries, which yet are one." —Carl Jung

Take three long deep breaths, followed by four quick breaths. Do this until you reach enlightenment, or temporarily pass out. It's not a wonder we're not meant to receive that much oxygen to the brain, but I highly recommend this trick if you're ever stuck between a rock and a hard place and need a more valuable Magic 8-Ball bit of clarity.

------------------------

While away, we saw John Waters in the West Village and Nicole Kidman's ponytail at Abbey Road Studios.
If I had been quicker, I would have given Mr. Waters a hug. He was looking rather ragged, and, dare I say it, cancerous that day. I hope he's well.

Mrs. Kidman's pone looked fairly typical. Nothing much to report there.

------------------------

I did not, in fact, go over the trip phots this weekend. I did, in fact, buy start up water color supplies and pumpkins!!!

No comments: