Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'll tear my heart out, before I get out

Remember being in elementary school and all those plays and singing performances you always had to do?

One of my favorites was 5th-ish grade? 3rd grade? I can't remember and I don't even remember why I was up there (we were all dressed as characters important to American history). But I remember Tommy, the boy I had an uber crush on, was dressed like Abe Lincoln and he stood next to me and at some point, I do believe, he intentionally let his hand brush mine.

Anyway we sang a lot of songs. A lot. The Amber Waves of Grain song, We Shall Overcome, some song about exploring the moon, I don't remember what all. But my favorite and still kinda is, (all from a 4th grader's memory, so spare me):

My country 'tis of thee
Sweet land of liberty
Of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died,
Land of the Pilgrims' pride,
From every mountainside,
Let freedom ring.


And that's only 'cause you can't sing John Baptist Philouza. Or it might be because those are easy enough lyrics and tunes to remember/sing.

Anyway. Good times. God Bless.

Watch this until your eyeballs fall out and roll across the floor.

No comments: