Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'll see you in Heaven if you make the list

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans; the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too."
— W. H. Murray, The Scottish Himalayan Expedition (1951)

This quotation reminds us that the first true step in making important changes in our lives is the commitment to do so. When we finally do commit, the entire universe works on our behalf. As it turns out, mind over matter does matter.

----------------------------------
This is from my daily, The Guru is You, email. Something about how basic it is really struck home. For all the people that have entered and exited my life, it is always the ones who can not commit, to anything, that I'm most glad to see go. Men, women, lovers, loves, friends, enemies, frenemies. ha. It's that underlying fickleness in people that is so grotesque. So disconcerting. So FOA*. Sometimes, it's mine own fickle nature that's frustrating as well. How I allow some people to always take advantage bc I love them. Family. Friends. Others. How do I side-step this behavior?

I can't. The truth is, and it's a secret, sometimes, I don't want to. Take that, cup it in your hands before it flies away, slide it in a jar, and store it for later. When that secret ripens, bring it back to me. I will have missed it by then. The folly of my youth and whatnot. The joy that sometimes, just sometimes, ignorance brings.



*FOA, from the Latin, for Fascination of the Abomination. Because, you know, that Mr. Kurtz, he dead.

No comments: