Thursday, August 28, 2008

but tonight I'm on my feet

This (I'm more interested in the Leia bikini contest than the Boba Fet outfit, personally- and what do you know, I can hardly spell my own name sometimes and I spelled Boba Fet correctly the first try!)) is about as funny queer as what I'm listening to now:

Ta Da!

Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve. Remember that song? God it takes me there. I think it was my, what, Freshman year of college? 1998? Anyway (yes I gave it away, I'm almost 30, gasp!), one of my best friends, Bryan, and I used to just go driving, driving all over the place trying to find the most remote corners of the Ozarks and Colorado, and then out the car, and hiking, hiking all over the place, listening to this song on repeat (and It's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine) trying to sing the lyrics faster than each other, faster than the song, always always failing.)

And isn't that a blast from the past? Anyway it's funny how I haven't spoken to him in years, and we were inseparable for better or worse. I was looking for a picture of someone and I came across a photo of him. We had really good times. But in seeing the photograph, I just couldn't help but think of nothing. Nothing came to mind. Just a smile. And I put it away. Isn't life strange like that. Anyway I think he's well. I wish him the best.

In other news, How hot does Kelly Osbourne look? Hott enough for a little Axel Grease apparently. I love how the source is Richie Rich of Heatherette. I just adore their Eurotrashy style!

No comments: