Friday, August 1, 2008

Afternoon Delight!


One of my favorite scenes from any movie is The Afternoon Delight scene in the Anchorman: Ron Burgundy movie. Mostly because I'm totally in love with Paul Rudd. And that movie is just awesome. Jazz flute anyone? Anyway work reminds me of that today for some reason. Just really busy but the eavesdropping is awesome. I shouldn't eavesdrop. That's probably fairly terrible.

Having Bdog and lil' M time was AWESOME yesterday. I really needed that. Even though all we talked about was Milla, and babies, and pregnancy, (topics I generally stay away from) I was so enthralled. Bdog is a wonderful mom. Milla is a perfect babe. She's hilarious in that she looks, has the expressions, as a carbon copy of her dad. To the T. It's kinda weird in a funny haha way. Bdog is one of my best friends and although I don't get to see her as much as I'd like, she's such a rock to me. She made me completely feel like, when it's my time, I, gasp!, could be a mom.

I wouldn't drop my baby. Forget my baby. Lock my baby in a car or something completely Mitt Romney and stupid and totally what I'm afraid of. But the scariest thing to me about baby's, Milla totally took care of. I was holding her and tickling her little potato belly and I feel this pfft! and I look at the little tooter and she's just smiling and giggling away. I go, laughingly, "She just farted on me!!" and Bdog says, "Oh no, that was no fart! That was poopy!" hahaha and we just laughed it off.

Well what do you know. I didn't melt. We cleaned her up. It really, surprisingly wasn't that bad. Maybe that's something I could do. As Piper said to me the other night, "You know, you could have a baby. Maybe that would change some things." Maybe she's right. Maybe she's right.



Next summer, I'm growing heirloom tomatoes. Too bad the seeds are so high. They are mighty mighty tasty!


I'd completely forgotten about this R.E.M. song. Oh, my heart just aches for Michael Stipe.
------------------------------------
Sometimes I feel like I can't even sing
I'm very scared for this world
I'm very scared for me
Eviscerate your memory
Here's a scene
You're in the back seat laying down
The windows wrap around
To sound of the travel and the engine
All you hear is time stand still in travel
And feel such peace and absolute
The stillness still that doesn't end
But slowly drifts into sleep
The stars are the greatest thing you've ever seen
And they're there for you
For you alone you are the everything

1 comment:

Sully said...

Ed. note. Totally after writing the Afternoon Delight post, I got in my car to go home and guess what was on the radio? THAT'S RIGHT!

Ah-ah-afternoon delite!