Wednesday, April 18, 2007

cantata

So I come across the most random of ideas at work. While processing data on Catholic schools around the US, I came across these and I like them very much:

-Most Holy Trinity

-Queen of Peace

and finally, my favorite:

Our Lady, Star of the Sea

One thing the Catholics surely have going for them aside from most saints being fairly cool all outstanding, is the assonance and alliteration found all throughout the language. I know it's from the Latin. And I know it's very difficult to make ole clunky Protestant German sound pretty. But there's something more to it than that. Like magic.

Wonderful words to describe all sorts of lifely situations I would never have known in my life were it not for needing to replace a few door frames:

-plumb (the verb)

-jamb (the noun)

-shim (both verb and noun).

There is light to be found everywhere. Even inside of me. I feel it happening and I can't wait. Supernovaontheinside.

No comments: