Tuesday, August 22, 2006

kingscross for a while

I've been to Kingscross. About a million billion light years ago I met my boyfriend of the time in London, he was studying to become big scholar man-eater at Oxford, which he was quite good at, studying, reading and reading and reading, and we were in the big city for new year's eve of the big one, the ball drop, the end of the world 2000. It was one of the most thrilling nights of my life, not knowing if the world would just implode under its self, itsself, fold in like a pearl in a shell and tuck us all to sleep, babytime sleep. So we stood across the river from Big Ben and there were strangers slinging champagne and us holding each other tight and I had jewels in my hair. And then it stroked, 2 dudes stroking it, and we blinked and were alive. And then the roar was nearly deafening and I probably had to pee.

Good lord what children will do with their free time.

So apparently if you're a lady looking to get some action, get an engagement ring. I've never had so much fun turning people down, really cute boys at that, who are just SO LATE. What took you so long? HI?! Maybe I've lost that lovely desperate air. Haha. That would be funny. Despite all the dolls I've had, I still feel like an object in all of it. Something that wasn't shiny and new enough before. Wouldn't things be easier if we all had a sign around our neck. Mine would say: Use caution. Being abandoned by dead man people and locked away by evil brothers, our heroine isn't quite sure what to make of the way she feels, ever. Yours would say: It's my birthday and I don't really give a fuck.

Lots of people moving in and moving out. I thought about it. I did it. We'll be driving the long road to OKC soon to visit Grandparents soon. But that also means we'll be driving the long road to OKC to visit Rob soon. Aaron, the Rumni sword dance is so on.

No comments: